Math and Literacy Centers – Early Finisher Activities for 1st Grade – April
Use these April Math & ELA Centers throughout the busy month of April in centers, for early finishers, for morning work, or even some can work as homework! Save your sanity and your precious time with these fun April themed center activities!
Are you looking for no and low prep centers for the month of April to cover both Math and ELA skills in your first grade classroom? This low and no prep set of 5 Math Centers (9 Activities) and 5 ELA Centers (9 Activities) with fun April themes is just what you need! You’ll cover spring, Easter, and Earth Day themed addition, fractions, comparing two-digit numbers, two-digit addition and subtraction with multiples of ten and single-digit numbers, missing addends, vowel teams, r-controlled vowels, pronouns, sight words, “How-To” writing and more with these easy prep centers!
This April Math & ELA Centers Resource Includes:
- One PDF Document
- 10 Math and ELA Center Activities:
- Race to the Recycling Center “board game”: Addition with up to 4 addends
- Spring and Earth Day Mystery Puzzles: Skip counting by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s + Missing Addends
- Spring and Earth Day Color by Codes: Two-digit addition and subtraction with multiples of ten and one-digit numbers
- Task Cards: Easter egg number bonds- Missing numbers within 20 and Earth Day comparing two-digit numbers
- Earth Day and Easter BUMP Games: Finding ten more & less than a number and Fractions (halves and fourths)
- Spring and Earth Day Mystery Puzzles: Reading words with trigraphs & 3-letter blends and reading words with the long “e” sound
- Earth Day and Easter Word Searches: Each word search provides themed words with picture support
- Color by Codes: Easter color by sight words (editable) and Earth Day color by vowel (vowel teams and r-controlled vowels)
- Task Cards: Easter task cards- students choose the correct pronoun to replace the underlined and Earth Day task cards- students spell the vowel team word to name each picture. Two differentiated response sheets are included for each set of task cards.
- How-To Writing: Students sequence pictures to show how to grow a flower. Students write to explain how to grow a flower.
- All color centers are also available with black and white print options
- Answer Keys
- Easy-to-follow directions for editing the Color by Sight Word page in Acrobat Reader
- Please note: This resource does not limit you to only the included sight words. You can customize the sight word pages to best meet your needs and the needs of your students.
- Download and save the resource to your computer.
- Open the resource from the saved file.
- Be sure you have the ability to open PDFs on your computer.
- Here’s the link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader download if you need it.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I am happy to help.
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright © Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.