April Morning Work for First Grade – Print & Digital Spiral Review for 1st Grade
Do you need engaging, standards-based April morning work for your first-grade students? This pack of April morning work reviews standards-based content like fact families, missing addends, telling time, long vowels, contractions and more!
Provide spiral review throughout the month following a predictable format each day, helping to promote independence with your first grade students. Your students will love the spring-themed pages too! Just print and go or assign the Google Slides! Please check out the detailed preview and description before purchasing.
Included in this ZIP file download you will find:
- One PDF with the printable morning work pages, answer keys, and the LINKS to the Google Slides digital morning work
- List of covered standards
- April Morning Work title page for a morning work packet cover
- 23 printable practice pages (3 math skills and 3 ELA skills per slide)
- 23 portrait, digital Google Slides (3 math skills and 3 ELA skills per slide)
- 46 landscape, digital slides (4 math skills and 4 ELA skills on separate slides)
- 2 bonus coloring sheets (print only)
- Create a Spring Flower (print only)
- 1 bonus writing sheet “Springtime” plus a graphic organizer
- 1 bonus writing slide “Springtime” plus a graphic organizer in Google Slides (portrait and landscape)
- Answer Keys
Covered Skills in this April Morning Work resource:
- Fact Families: Create fact families from 3 given numbers; identify the missing fact from the given fact family
- Complete number bonds with one missing number
- Find missing numbers in addition and subtraction sentences to 20
- Two-digit addition and subtraction without regrouping- adding ten(s), subtracting ten(s), and adding a single digit
- Word Problems: Students solve addition and subtraction word problems.
- Students solve word problems by completing number bonds
- Time to the hour and half hour- students draw hands to represent times to the hour and half past the hour (drag and drop clocks in the digital version)
- Mentally find ten more, ten less, one more, and one less than a given number
- Measurement: Measure length of objects in nonstandard units
- Compare two-digit numbers
- Number of the Day: Drag and drop money to represent the number (only in digital landscape slides)
Language Arts Skills:
- Correctly spell a word to match a given picture (long vowel words with silent “e” and words spelled with vowel teams)
- Find and write the contraction to match the two given words
- Read a sentence and identify the underlined verb as past, present, or future tense
- Read sentences and select the correct article “a” or “an” to complete the sentence
- Sort a 6 words into the correct group (Zoo Animals or Farm Animals)
- Read, edit, and write sentences making corrections for capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Sight Word of the Day: Students read the word and type to use the word in a sentence (only in digital landscape slides)
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.