Benjamin Franklin Activities – Historical Figures and Famous American Inventors
Teaching students about this important historical figure and inventor will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable Benjamin Franklin activities and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with historical figure research activities that meet social studies standards!
Do you need an age-appropriate way to teach about Benjamin Franklin in your primary classroom? This Benjamin Franklin resource will help you teach your first and second grade students about this historical figure. Little books, an instructional PowerPoint, or Google Slides can be used to teach your students the facts about Benjamin Franklin including his life, accomplishments, and contributions. Students can review and reflect on what they’ve learned with graphic organizers, crafty fact activities, timelines, writing, and more! Please be sure to check out the detailed preview to see everything included!
The Benjamin Franklin Activities zip file download includes:
- One PowerPoint Presentation about Benjamin Franklin
- One PDF containing all of the printable materials
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of two) to use alongside the Benjamin Franklin activities
- A historical figures instructional PowerPoint presentation (also in Google Slides™)
- Two levels of Informational Little Book Readers
- Ben Franklin Crown of Facts Craftivity
- Ben Franklin Bag of Facts Craftivity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about Benjamin Franklin (multiple options and choices)
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Historical Figures Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2 and TEKS 1.12.B)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing makes a great final touch to the historical figure research
These Benjamin Franklin Activities cover the following Georgia standards:
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.