Black History Month Activities – No Prep Research Activities and Crown Crafts
Teaching our students about famous African Americans that helped to shape the world they lived in is an integral part of social studies instruction. This Black History Month Bundle with NO PREP print and digital activities is perfect for introducing your young students to famous African Americans such as George Washington Carver, Martin Luther King Jr., Ruby Bridges, and Rosa Parks!
This Black History Month Bundle will help you teach your first, second, and third grade students about these important figures and works great as a biography project too. Included you’ll find instructional PowerPoints and Google Slides, informational little books (2 levels), graphic organizers, a crown of facts craftivity, bag of facts craftivity, timelines, and other social studies project activities. This bundle includes both printable and digital activities designed to engage your students making this resource a great biography project or social studies project for your classroom. The digital Google Slides activities are easy to share with your students via Google Classroom or a share link. This NO PREP print and digital Black History Month Bundle provides you with everything you need to teach the basics about the lives and contributions of these famous African Americans in a way that suits the needs of all of your students! Please be sure to check out the detailed preview to see everything included.
This bundle includes resources for:
- George Washington Carver
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ruby Bridges
- Rosa Parks
This Black History Month Bundle includes the following for each famous African American:
One Zip File containing: A folder for each clip art version of the famous African American containing- A PDF with the print resources AND the LINK to the Digital Google Slides, plus a PowerPoint Presentation slide show.
- Please note: All resources include two versions of all included resources. Each version uses a different clip art set for you to choose from to best meet the age and needs of your students. MLK Jr. includes 3 versions to choose from.
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of two) to use alongside each set of famous African Americans activities
- An instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Reader (2 levels of difficulty)
- Crown of Facts Craft activity
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about each famous person
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Famous African Americans Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2 and TEKS 1.12.B)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing
- 10 Question Assessment
- Answer Key
Teaching students about these famous African Americans will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable Black History Month activities, and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with a biography project that meets social studies standards!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.