Dental Health Activities Reader and Craft
Teach your students the importance of dental health with these fun activities! This resource includes printable posters, an informative little book, comprehension questions, a tooth fairy game, graphing activities, a fun craft, and more!
Engage your students during Dental Health Month using this fun, content rich resource! Reading, health, math, writing, an adorable craft, and more are included in this printable product! Your students will love the “Little Book” reader and engaging activities and you’ll love the quiz for a quick assessment. Be sure to check out the preview to see all that is included!
In your download you will receive:
- One PDF with all of your printable resources and answer keys
This product includes:
- Posters: Full color posters (and black and white) are included for you to use to teach about the parts of a tooth and key vocabulary which relates to dental health. Posters include Dental Health, Parts of a Tooth, Brushing, Exam, Flossing, Cavity, Hygienist, Dentist, Fluoride, Plaque, Healthy Tooth.
- Little Book: A Trip to the Dentist- Two versions are included so that you can differentiate as needed for your students. A story about a trip to the dentist teaches about many aspects of dental health.
- Comprehension Questions: Choose from lines or handwriting lines.
- Let’s Get a Healthy Smile: This activity is a cut/glue activity where students match pictures with the associated dental health sentence.
- Informational Writing Activity: Healthy Teeth- A sample anchor chart/ circle map has been included, as well as student versions. Students can record facts they have learned about dental health and this can be used for informational writing.
- Personal Narrative Writing Activity: Losing a Tooth- Students can complete an event/sequence graphic organizer to help them retell the event of losing a tooth. They can write a personal narrative using this organizer.
- Data and Graphing: Lost Teeth (Whole Class Printable) Materials are provided for you to create a whole class picture graph about lost teeth. This works great on bulletin board paper or chart paper. Students can use this data to complete a tally table, bar graph, and to answer questions about the data.
- Spin, Tally and Graph: (Dental Tools Printable) Students use a spinner to gather data. Students can use this data to complete a tally table, bar graph, and to answer questions about the data.
- Tooth Fairy Bump Game (addition with 2 or 3 addends) After playing the game students can complete two addition worksheets. Students love this game and will want to play it over and over again!
- Healthy Tooth Craft Students create an adorable tooth character and record one fact about dental health in a speech bubble. This will make a great display with your students’ writing about dental health.
- Healthy Teeth/ Unhealthy Teeth Sort Worksheet: Students cut and glue food pictures to sort into the healthy teeth or unhealthy teeth categories.
- Word Searches and Coloring Sheet
- Dental Health Quiz: A ten question quiz is included based on information learned from the posters and little books. Five questions are true and false and the remaining five questions are multiple choice.
- Answer Keys
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.