George Washington Carver Black History Month Activities – Little Books, Timelines, Crown Craft and More
Do you need age-appropriate resources to teach your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade students about the life of George Washington Carver? This resource has all you need with BOTH printable and digital options! Included you’ll find instructional PowerPoints, informational readers, crafty fact activities, graphic organizers, timelines, digital Google Slides, an assessment and so much more to teach all about the important contributions of George Washington Carver! This social studies lesson pack is the perfect way to start teaching young students about important historical figures and is perfect to use during Black History Month.
This George Washington Carver resource will help you teach your kindergarten, first and second grade students about the famous inventor. Starting with the instructional PowerPoint, students will learn all about George Washington Carver, including his life and accomplishments. Extend learning with the included informational little book in two levels, crafty fact activities, graphic organizers, timelines, an assessment, and other activities making this resource perfect for Black History Month activities. This resource includes both printable and digital activities designed to engage your students whether in person or virtual. The digital Google Slides activities are easy to share with your students via Google Classroom or a share link. This NO PREP print and digital George Washington Carver Activities pack provides you with everything you need to teach the basics about the life and contributions of George Washington Carver. Plus, with printable and digital options you can complete these George Washington Carver activities in any way that suits the needs of your students!
These George Washington Carver Activities include:
- One Zip File containing three versions to choose from
- One PDF for each version containing all of the print resources AND the LINK to the Digital Google Slides
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of two) to use alongside the George Washington Carver activities
- Historical figures instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Reader (2 levels of difficulty)
- Crown of Facts activity
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about the life of George Washington Carver
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Historical Figures Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing that makes a great final touch to the historical figures research
- A ten question assessment
- Answer Key
Teaching students about this important historical figure and inventor will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable George Washington Carver activities, and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with historical figure research activities that meet social studies standards!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.