January Math and Literacy Centers for 1st Grade – First Grade Winter Activities
Save your sanity and your precious time after winter break with these fun January themed center activities! Use these Math & ELA Centers, for early finishers, for morning work or even some can work as homework!
Are you looking for no and low prep centers for the month of January to cover both Math and ELA skills in your first grade classroom? This low and no prep set of 5 Math Centers and 5 ELA Centers with fun Winter and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. themes is just what you need! You’ll cover addition with three addends, addition within 12, & subtraction within 10, time to the hour, equal parts & fractions, 2D & 3D shapes and their attributes, long vowels (CVCe), ending digraphs, sight words, writing and more with these easy prep centers! Please be sure to check out the detailed preview to see what’s included!
This January Low Prep Centers Resource Includes:
- One PDF Document
- No Prep, Just Print Math Centers: Walking in a Winter Wonderland game (equal parts and fractions), Winter Addition Bump, Winter Time to the Hour Bump, MLK Jr. Color by Attributes (2D & 3D Shapes), Winter Color by Sum (3 addends), Winter Time to the Hour Mystery Puzzle, and a MLK Jr. Subtraction Mystery Puzzle
- Low Prep, Print and Cut Math Centers: Winter Gumdrop Addition Task Cards (within 20) and Winter 2D & 3D Shapes Task Cards
- No Prep, Just Print ELA Centers: Winter Read and Color by Sight Word, Dr. King Read and Color by Sight Word (both editable), Winter Word Search, Dr. King Word Search (both with picture support), Winter CVCe Words Mystery Puzzle, Dr. King Digraphs Mystery Puzzle, and a Dress-Up a Snowman and Write Activity
- Color by Sight Word activities cover 20 sight words from the 1st 100 Fry Words. These are ready to print AND editable to best meet your needs.
- Low Prep, Print and Cut ELA Centers: Winter Llama CVCe Task Cards and Winter Moose Ending Digraphs Task Cards
- All color centers are also available with black and white print options
- Answer Keys
- Easy to follow directions for editing the two Color by Sight Word pages in Acrobat Reader
- Please note: This resource does not limit you to only the included sight words. You can customize the sight word pages to best meet your needs and the needs of your students.
- Download and save the resource to your computer.
- Open the resource from the saved file.
- Be sure you have the ability to open PDFs on your computer.
- Here’s the link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader download if you need it.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I am happy to help.
Use these January Math & ELA Centers throughout the busy month of January in centers, for early finishers, for morning work or even some can work as homework! Save your sanity and your precious time with these fun January themed center activities!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright © Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.