Lewis and Clark with Sacagawea Unit – Historical Figures and Famous Americans
Teaching our students about historical figures and explorers who helped to shape the world they live in is an important part of social studies instruction. Our young students love learning about famous Americans who explored the frontier of our country. Lewis and Clark along with Sacagawea are some of these important historical figures and explorers. This resource gives you an age-appropriate way to teach about the Lewis and Clark expedition in your primary classroom.
This Lewis and Clark with Sacagawea resource will help you teach your first and second grade (or higher) students about these famous American explorers. Included you’ll find instructional PowerPoints, informational readers, crafty fact activities, graphic organizers, timelines, digital Google Slides, an assessment and so much more to teach all about Lewis and Clark and their expedition. This resource includes both printable and digital activities designed to engage your students whether in person or virtual. The digital Google Slides activities are easy to share with your students via Google Classroom or a share link. This NO PREP print and digital Lewis and Clark Activities pack provides you with everything you need to teach the basics about the life and contributions of Lewis and Clark and Sacagawea.
These Lewis and Clark Activities include:
- One Zip File containing two clip art versions of all of the resources
- One PDF for each version containing all of the print resources AND the LINK to the Digital Google Slides
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of three) to use alongside the Lewis and Clark expedition activities
- Historical figures instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Reader (2 levels of difficulty)
- Crown of Facts activity
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about Lewis, Clark and Sacagawea
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Historical Figures Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing that makes a great final touch to the historical figures research
Teaching students about these important historical figures and explorers will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable Lewis and Clark expedition activities, and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with historical figure research activities that meet social studies standards!
These Lewis and Clark Activities cover the following Georgia standards:
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.