Martin Luther King Jr Activities – MLK Day No Prep Activities and Craftivity
Are you looking for ways to teach your students about Martin Luther King Jr. in a meaningful way? These no-prep printable and digital Martin Luther King Jr. Activities are perfect for your young students! Whether you focus on Dr. King on MLK Day, during Black History Month in February, or any time of the year! From little books to a crown craft, you’ll be able to help your 1st grade or 2nd grade students learn about the life and accomplishments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with these fun resources.
This MLK packet includes an informational presentation, little books (2 levels), graphic organizers, and timelines to help your students learn about this historical figure. Students will love working on data and graphing, creating an adorable crown, and documenting all they learned through these Martin Luther King Jr Day activities. Please be sure to check out the detailed preview to see everything included!
Activities are included in both print and digital forms to help you easily teach about the life of Martin Luther King Jr. The digital historical figures activities are for use with Google Slides or with PowerPoint and are easy to share with your students via Google Classroom or through a share link. Teaching our students about historical figures like Martin Luther King Jr. is vitally important! With so many different types of activities, your students will love learning about Dr. King!
Martin Luther King Jr Activities – MLK Day Historical Figures Lesson Includes:
One zip file download containing:
- Three PDF Resources: Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3. Each version contains the same resources, but different MLK Jr. clip art was used in each one. You can pick the set you think is best for your students.
- The teacher directions and the LINK to the Google Slides™ resource are in each PDF
- Key vocabulary
- Reference Posters (choice of two)
- An instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Readers (2 printable with 2 different levels)
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about Martin Luther King Jr. (multiple options and choices)
- Flip Facts for a Historical Figures Interactive Journal (printable)
- Giant timeline (printable and digital)
- Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Dream and My Dream (printable and digital)
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2 and TEKS 1.12.B)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing that makes a great final touch to the historical figure research (two options)
- Data and graphing activities (printable and digital)
- Coloring Sheet (printable)
- Crown Craft- Headbands to teach others about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s Dream (printable)
- Word Search (two versions) (printable and digital)
- 10-Question Assessment (print only)
Teaching students about this important historical figure will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable Martin Luther King Jr activities, and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with historical figure research activities that meet the standards!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright © Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.